Year 10 enables students to build on prior learning and deepen their understanding in six of the key learning areas with an opportunity for each student to specialise their program in readiness for senior pathways.
One of the key elements of the year level is for students to further develop their career management competencies. In an environment where individuals are likely to transition between a variety of life, learning and work roles, students need to be empowered to design and manage their future careers.
Students need to learn and experience the benefits of:
- Building and maintaining a positive self concept
- Interacting positively and effectively with others, and
- Changing and growing throughout life
To take advantage of possible options, students need the knowledge and skills to:
- Participate in life-long learning that is supportive of their career goals
- Locate and effectively use career information, and
- Understand the relationship between work, society and the economy.
The learning sequence undertaken by students in each of their subjects will be identified as part of the greater journey towards senior subjects, further education and employment.
The Year 10 program also includes:
- Cadets - cadet days, Anzac Day Parade and cadet camps among the major components
- Retreat - this is the students' opportunity to reflect on last years Retreat, and move forward in the MSC philosophy. The retreat programs run from Year 9 through to Year 12.
- Special Programs - specifically designed on a needs basis to address current issues relating to the year level.
For more information download the Middle School Handbook below:
Year 10 Coordinator
Mrs Nicola Riddle