Annual Cadet Camp 2017
The Monivae Cadet Camp for 2017 will again be held in the Victorian Range and begins on Monday 1st May and concludes on Friday 5th May.
General information for parents.
1. CAMP SITES
The boys and girls camp sites are on the same property, (McCutheon's Rd, Victoria Point) but with about 500 metres of bush between the two sites. Once you enter the property, the camps are quite well defined and clear signage will be in place, so there should be no confusion. Always stick to the designated tracks whilst in the camp site. From Hamilton, it takes about 35 minutes to reach the camp site.
2. WEDNESDAY NIGHT LITURGY/FAMILY VISIT
One of the highlights of our cadet camp week is our annual liturgy in the bush. Parents and immediate family members of cadets are cordially invited to attend the liturgy and afterwards, share dinner with your son/daughter. We must insist that families do not bring "friends" of current cadets to our liturgy.
Car parking signs will be clearly visible, and we would ask that you follow the signs, and as well, any directions given to you by the car park attendants. Further instructions regarding the movement of vehicles will be given at the conclusion of the liturgy.
Map to cadet camp - from Monivae College
Head East on Ballarat road.
1. Turn left at ROBSONS Rd. (Third road on the left after RMIT)
2. At the end of Robsons Rd, turn right onto Strathkellar Rd-heading towards Dunkeld
3. Stay on this road until you see a sign indicating Victoria Point. TURN LEFT.
4. Follow this road for about 18km. It is a narrow road, so beware of on-coming vehicles and stock.
5. Once your approach the bridge, slow down, as you need to make a left hand turn as soon as you cross over the bridge. You are now on McCutheons road.
6. Travel down McCutheons Road about 1.0 kilometre. The camp is on the right.
Maps are available for pick-up from Reception prior to departure.