Each week Monivae College publishes a Careers Newsletter for our students to keep informed with the latest career news.
Work Experience Forms
Careers Education strives to assist students in identifying the skills, attitudes and knowledge that they need to effectively manage their life, learning and work roles in the 21st century.
The skills, knowledge, and attitudes people need to manage their own careers can be understood as a set of competencies that can be developed and strengthened over time. The careers education at Monivae College has been modelled on eleven careers management competencies articulated in the Australian Blueprint for Careers Development framework.
Careers education at Monivae supports students to develop:
- Individual knowledge of how their behaviours impact on themselves and others in relation to the world of work and their own personal/professional development
- A clear understanding of their own personal resources (toolkit) which will develop over time. This toolkit includes: values and attitudes, abilities and skills, personal qualities and professional skill development
- A clear understanding of post-school options and alternative pathways
- Knowledge about the demands and rewards associated with all career pathway options
- Appropriate decision-making skills that offer the potential for positive outcomes for prospective careers and life choices (paid and unpaid)
- Effective skills to assist with the development of a positive transition from school into adult life (work and study).
Currently, all Year 10 students participate in a formal careers program. Year 11 students (non-cadets) undertake work experience within a chosen industry.
Mr Michael Harms