Positive Education at Monivae College is aimed at improving the wellbeing of each child. Wellbeing is considered to be the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual health of a person. At Monivae the MSC charism is the keystone to our Positive Education program and supports our endeavour of a Monivae graduate to be a lifelong learner who is competent, confident and compassionate.
"Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all".
Age appropriate programs provide students with a toolkit of strategies to enhance student wellbeing and assist students to flourish in and beyond the school context.
The focus of Positive Education at Monivae is to:
- encourage gratitude and social responsibility
- cultivate positive respectful relationships
- foster learning and enhance academic achievement
- promote mindfulness through meditation and action
- increase a greater sense of self awareness
- build resilience and emotional intelligence.